Churches

Zion Presbyterian Church Eureka The Zion Presbyterian Church in Eureka was dedicated on November 28, 1893. The first minister was Rev. Alex Laird. Before the church was built the congregation gathered at the St. Columba in Hopewell. The church cost $3 800 and can seat about 400. It was built large because in 1892 the population was very, very large in Eureka. But after the steel industry failed, Eureka experienced a large out migration. Also with the other pressures that arose , the church was put under a lot of stress and the congregation number were ever-shrinking. Finally in 1992 the church was demolished.